If the idea of a relaxing holiday seems like a wasted opportunity, you’ll love the range of activities and opportunities for adventure in County Clare. Here in Clare, you can challenge yourself to learn a new skill and get your heart pumping when you discover the options for all adrenaline junkies.
We’re based in the heart of the Burren National Park, so you can explore the beautiful surrounding area and have easy access to the best adventure activities in Ireland.
Top Five Adventure Activities In Clare
- Surfing School. There are several Irish Surfing Association surf centres in Clare, boasting some of the most experienced surfing instructors in the world, so you can build on your skills or start from scratch and learn to surf in Clare. Many of the local centres offer half or full day lessons as well summer surf camps for adults and kids of all ages. Find surfing lessons at Lahinch, Spanish Point and Fanore beaches.
- University of Limerick Activity Centre. Located in East Clare, the University of Limerick Activity Centre offers a great range of activities that everyone will enjoy. Whether you’ve always dreamt of power boating or kayaking, or you fancy yourself an archer, the friendly and high quality tuition here will ensure that you get a real taste of adventure.
- Water pursuits. The opportunity to spend time on the open sea will be well worth the effort and you’ll access more outstanding views when you see Ireland from your boat. Visit North Clare Sea Kayaking to explore the coast of Clare, or learn to sail with the Nevsail National Training Centre.
- Climbing and caving. Explore this stunning area in another unique way when you take a caving expedition with Back-West Adventures, or enjoy a rock-climbing experience with Adventure Burren. Choose an adventure that enables you to discover the best of the mountains and the coastal landscape, and find out why so many people love these high-energy sports.
- Burren biking. There’s no better way to explore a stunning landscape than by bike, and you can book a tour with an experienced guide via Burren Way Mountain Bike Tours or West Coast Cycle Tours. Whether you’re travelling as a family or cycling with friends, you’ll find something to suit all abilities and all budgets. You could even opt for an electric bike and take a guided or self-guided tour of The Burren with E-Whizz Electric Bikes.
Discover County Clare From Your Lisdoonvarna Hotel
Lisdoonvarna is Ireland’s most famous spa town and it’s a great place to stay when you’re exploring County Clare. Our three luxurious hotels offer relaxing rooms, friendly staff and superb Irish cuisine to return to after your activity packed day. Book your stay at The Imperial Hotel, Lisdoonvarna, The Hydro Hotel, Lisdoonvarna or The King Thomond Lisdoonvarna today.