County Clare is the ideal destination for a family holiday, and you’ll find a wide variety of activities that children of all ages will love. Whether your children are into tractor rides, surfing, beaches or horse riding, this beautiful area offers everything you need for a fun family break.
You’ll find a warm welcome for your family at The Hydro Hotel, Lisdoonvarna, and our central location means we’re perfectly located for exploring Lisdoonvarna and the surrounding area. We’re based in the heart of the Burren National Park, so you can visit the local Smokehouse, the Lisdoonvarna Spa Wells and the stunning Cliffs of Moher with ease. If you’re looking for activities for your family, we can recommend the following:
Top Five Family Friendly Activities In Clare
- Surfing lessons. You’ll find many excellent Irish Surfing Association surf centres in Clare, with some of the most experienced instructors in the world. From half day lessons to summer surf camps for kids of all ages and adults, you can introduce your family to a new hobby this year. Find surfing lessons at Lahinch, Spanish Point and Fanore.
- Burren Outdoor Educational Centre. Children do their very best learning when they are out in nature, and this fantastic Educational Centre allows them to discover all the secrets of the beautiful Burren National Park. Explore the underground passages and streams, and climb the limestone crags with experienced guides to really get to know this fascinating area. If your children fall in love with the landscape, take a trip to the Clare Museum in Ennis to find out more about the local history.
- Local playgrounds. If you’re looking for free activities that kids will love, the local playgrounds are spectacular. Lees Road Sports and Amenity Park, just outside Ennis, offers 134 acres of woodland and parkland, and includes a children’s playground and skateboard park. You’ll find a great day out at the Vandeleur Walled Garden near Kilrush, which features a horizontal maze, stunning water features and a beautiful butterfly trail, or the Cappa playground by the beach, also in Kilrush.
- Moher Hill Open Farm and Leisure Park. Children of all ages will love the opportunity to meet local animals in their natural surroundings. The Moher Hill Open Farm is a 14 acre open farm on the west coast of Clare, and is designed to give children a taste of traditional Irish farm life as well as introducing them to animals from further afield, such as alpacas and Vietnamese pot-bellied pigs. With mini golf, a bouncy castle and a ball pool, the kids will be happy all day long – and you’ll love the coffee shop, too!
- Indoor play area. It wouldn’t be Ireland if the weather didn’t sometimes get the better of us, but there’s no need to worry about rain interrupting the family fun in Clare. You can visit Dennis’ Den FunWorld indoor play area, including a toddler area and a space for older ones with tube slide and free-fall slide. Alternatively, Barney’s KidzClub is great fun for toddlers and gives parents a chance to relax. Both are located in Ennis.
Explore County Clare From Your Lisdoonvarna Hotel
Lisdoonvarna is Ireland’s favourite spa town and it’s a great base for exploring the delights of County Clare. Our three luxurious hotels are designed to make your stay easier, with our friendly staff on hand to help and superb Irish cuisine to help you to recharge after a long day of fun with the family. Book your stay at The Imperial Hotel, Lisdoonvarna, The Hydro Hotel, Lisdoonvarna or The King Thomond Lisdoonvarna today.